There is always a new performance to host, festival to support, or restoration project to complete. Your time, money, and support are invaluable contributions to the ongoing education and performing arts. As a 100% tax deductible 501(c)3 organization, the Valleytown Cultural Arts Center is only as strong as its patron's support.

Future support will directly benefit repairing stained glass windows, attracting Shakespeare theater groups, and attract musical performances.

When making a donation, please make the check out to VCAHS and mail to POB 399, Andrews, NC 28901.


Donate now using PayPal!

Official PayPal Seal


Order our Ornaments Online! All Ornaments are $15 each.


School House Steps
Our latest ornament honoring the steps that students have walked up for decades.

 
St. Andrew Lutheran Church
The sanctuary was built in 1928 and included a Moeller pipe organ, which is still used today. A fellowship hall was erected on the church grounds in 2001.

 
Cover-Ennis-Hudson House
Built in 1900 for Franklin Pierce Cover, who started the F.P. Cover & Sons Tannery, one of the major industries in Andrews during the early 20th century. Large two-and-a-half story brick house with gable dormers and three-story polygonal corner tower with corbeled cornice. Segmental arch window heads.

 
Cozad-Cover House
Imposing two-and-a-half story gable-roof frame house which effectively combines traditional and modern elements. Built for the Cozad family who owned a substantial tract in Andrews during the early 20th century.

 
Presbyterian Church
Frame church under gable roof, built on T-plan with belfry and vestibule on one corner. Built in 1898, It is the oldest church building in Andrews.

 
United Methodist Church
Unusual two-story brick church on corner lot with two sparate but identical entrances, each under a full-height portico. Two polygonal belfries. Octagonal sanctuary. Built in 1922 on a lot donated by William Pitt Walker, replacing a church built in 1894.

 
Walker Inn
Home of William Walker who settled in Cherokee County in 1839 and established a trading post in Old Valley Town with Col. W.P. Waugh. He built the log house in 1844 when he married Margaret Scott and later expanded it into a substantial wayside inn. Log house enlarged with frame additions to form a two-story dwelling with an enlarged two-tier porch. It was an important stopping place on the state road leading from Franklin to Murphy. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.



Become part of YOUR heritage and its future!

Contributive Involvement
  • Historical Ornament Series
  • Summer Garden Tour
  • Holiday Tour of Homes
  • Engraved Stones







Valleytown Cultural Arts and Historical Society · Corner of Chestnut and Third Streets · P.O. Box 399, Andrews, NC 28901 · info@AndrewsValleyArts.com